- No change of conditions apply
Murray-Sunset National Park, in Victoria's far north-west corner, is in one of the few remaining semi-arid regions in the world where the environment is relatively untouched. With its wide open landscapes, breathtaking sunsets and starry nights, its vastness and isolation will take more than a day to explore.
This is a great park for four wheel drive touring, bushwalking and camping.
The Pink Lakes are picturesque at most times of year, changing in colour from a deep pink to a glistening white. There are excellent walking tracks in the Pink Lakes area, along with a campground.
How to get there
Murray-Sunset National Park is in northwest Victoria, between Ouyen and Mildura and the South Australian border. It is about 550kms from Melbourne and 400kms from Adelaide.
Access to the park from Melbourne is via the Calder Highway, and from South Australia via the Sturt Highway.
Aboriginal Traditional Owners
Parks Victoria acknowledges the Aboriginal Traditional Owners of Victoria - including its parks and reserves. Through their cultural traditions, Aboriginal people maintain their connection to their ancestral lands and waters. Further information is available from Aboriginal Affairs Victoria AAV and Native Title Services Victoria
Located in the far north-west corner of the state, Lindsay Island is intersected by a number of small creeks carrying…
The historic Shearers Quarters building was once the home of the lessee of Sunset Pastoral Co. Today it provides hostel-style…
Access Access to Mopoke Hut is by four wheel drive only along Mopoke Hut Trak. Bookings No booking is required.…
Access Access to the campground is by four wheel drive via the Mount Crozier Trak. Bookings No booking is required.…
The Pink Lakes are so named because of their colour during late summer. A red pigment, carotene, is secreted from…
- Electric/Gas BBQ
- Picnic table/seat
- Information Shelter
- Gravel carpark
- Birds of the Mallee Parks (PDF 716.9 KB)
- Birds of the Mallee Parks (accessible version) (MS Word Document 1.2 MB)
- Mallee Parks Management Plan (PDF 9.9 MB)
Hattah-Kulkyne NP, Murray Sunset NP, Wyperfeld NP , Lake Albacutya Park, Murray-Kulkyne Regional Park
- Murray-Sunset Nationa Park - Lindsay & Mulcra Islands - Park note (PDF 6.7 MB)
- Murray-Sunset National Park - Linday & Mulcra islands - Map (PDF 4.6 MB)
- Murray-Sunset National Park - Park note (PDF 8.9 MB)
- Murray-Sunset National Park - Park note (accessible version) (MS Word Document 1005.9 KB)
- Murray-Sunset National Park - Pink Lakes (PDF 1.3 MB)
- Murray-Sunset National Park - Wallpolla Island - Park note (PDF 4.6 MB)
- Murray-Sunset National Park - Walpolla Island - Map (PDF 3.6 MB)
- Murray-Sunset NP - Pink Lakes (accessible version) (MS Word Document 763.0 KB)
- Murray-Sunset NP Lindsay & Mulcra Islands - Park note (accessible version) (MS Word Document 3.7 MB)