301 Moved Permanently
Mount Buffalo National Park has sheer cliffs, imposing granite tors, tumbling waterfalls, snow gums and stunning wildflowers. The park features over 90km of walking tracks, panoramic scenery, waterfalls and scope for adventurous pursuits such as rock climbing and hang-gliding.
Mount Buffalo is an all-seasons playground. In summer, wildflowers are plentiful and the park is a cool retreat from the heat of the lowlands. Take in superb 360-degree views from the summit of the Horn and the delightful Gorge Heritage Walk. Enjoy picnics, canoeing and camping at Lake Catani in the summer months.
In winter the park is ideal for cross-country skiing with its gentle undulating landscape, spectacular sub-alpine environment and the convenience of over 14km of marked ski trails. The park offers safe and accessible tobogganing and snow play areas, providing great fun for the whole family.
Camping is available from Melbourne Cup Weekend to April inclusive. Advance bookings and payment are required.
See the Lake Catani Camping page for more information.
Aboriginal Traditional Owners
Parks Victoria acknowledges the Aboriginal Traditional Owners of Victoria - including its parks and reserves. Through their cultural traditions, Aboriginal people maintain their connection to their ancestral lands and waters. Further information is available from Aboriginal Affairs Victoria AAV and Native Title Services Victoria
Discover magnificent waterfalls and remote alpine landscapes while you camp within beautiful Snow Gum woodlands at Lake Catani Campground.The Lakeside…
The Gorge Day Visitor Area, perched on the edge of the Gorge, offers tables, viewing platform and toilets for disabled…
The Horn is the higest point of Mount Buffalo at 1,723 metres. Picnic tables are provided at this site. The…
There are over 90 km of tracks traversing pristine sub-alpine plant communities and unique landscapes. The tracks are generally well…
Tables, toilets and fireplaces are provided at Rollasons Falls Picnic Area. The Rollasons Falls Track (4 km, 1.5 hours return)…
- Visitor centre
- Information Shelter
- Picnic Shelter
- Toilet and Shower Block
- Gravel carpark
- Sealed carpark
- Hang gliding ramp
- Mount Buffalo National Park - Deer Control map (PDF 259.2 KB)
- Mount Buffalo National Park - Lake Catani summer camping (PDF 378.9 KB)
- Mt Buffalo National Park - The Big Walk (PDF 833.9 KB)
- Mt Buffalo National Park Visitor Guide (PDF 1018.0 KB)
- Mt Buffalo National Park Visitor Guide (accessible version) (MS Word Document 1.9 MB)
- Mt Buffalo NP - Lake Catani summer camping (accessible version) (MS Word Document 1.7 MB)
- Mt Buffalo NP - The Big Walk (accessible version) (MS Word Document 632.6 KB)
- The Gorge Day Visitor Area proposed improvements factsheet (PDF 463.5 KB)