The bird hide at Lysterfield Lake is closed until further notice.
at Lysterfield Park
Lysterfield Park is a beautiful spot, not far from Melbourne, offering a range of recreational activities.
This is a great place for mountain biking. The Lysterfield Park Mountain Bike Trails and the State Mountain Bike course offers 20 kilometres of trails catering for riders of all ages and ability. Choose from easy family trails for all to enjoy around the lake and parkland, a range of flowing single trails through established plantations or steep and technical sections of trail through rocky landscapes
Lysterfield Lake is very popular for canoeing, sailing, paddle boating and surf skiing. There are also a number of walking tracks including three trails that are linked for a brisk two-hour walk around the lake.
The park is open from sunrise to sunset.
How to get there
The entrance for Lysterfield Park is from Horswood Road, Lysterfield.
Aboriginal Traditional Owners
Parks Victoria acknowledges the Aboriginal Traditional Owners of Victoria - including its parks and reserves. Through their cultural traditions, Aboriginal people maintain their connection to their ancestral lands and waters. Further information is available from Aboriginal Affairs Victoria AAV and Native Title Services Victoria
There are approximately 20km of trails designated for mountain bike use including the 6.3km State Mountain Bike Course - home…
SwimmingTake a refreshing swim in one of two protected swimming bays with sandy beaches. There are two swimming bays. Both…
Park information, walking tracks, mountain bike tracks, toilets and carpark available at the Hallam North Road entry.
Orienteering and rogaining are permitted subject to special conditions. If you are interested in either of these activities please enquire…
There are extensive tracks for walking and cycling. Maps of the park are available at the park office.Take one of…
- Bird hides
- Electric/Gas BBQ
- Gravel carpark
- Sealed carpark
- Aquatic Risk Assessment Summary Report - Lysterfield Lake (PDF 1.2 MB)
A Life Saving Victoria Aquatic Risk Report assessing water safety at Lysterfield Park was jointly commissioned by City of Casey and Parks Victoria in 2015 to identify and address aquatic risk hazards specific to Lysterfield Lake, including recommended options to further reduce risk of drownings at the site.
- Churchill National Park and Lysterfield Park Management Plan (PDF 1.9 MB)
- Closure of unauthorised MTB trails (PDF 297.6 KB)
- Lysterfield Park and Churchill NP - Park note (PDF 601.4 KB)
- Lysterfield Park and Churchill NP - Park note (accessible version) (MS Word Document 992.9 KB)
- Lysterfield Park Environmental Values Assessment (PDF 510.7 KB)
- Lysterfield Park Environmental Values Map (PDF 804.8 KB)
- Lysterfield Park mountain bike riding (PDF 2.5 MB)
- Lysterfield Park mountain bike riding (accessible version) (MS Word Document 2.8 MB)
- Lysterfield Park mountain bike tracks Map (PDF 2.4 MB)