301 Moved Permanently
Lake Eildon National Park is in the northern foothills of Victoria's Central Highlands, 150 km north-east of Melbourne. Situated on the shores of Lake Eildon, the park protects 27,750 ha of rugged hills with open woodlands through to dense forest.
Visitors can enjoy bushwalking, boating and fishing or try the more adventurous pursuits of waterskiing and mountain bike riding. Relax in a scenic environment and experience native wildlife.
Advance bookings are required to stay in this park. Find detailed campsite information and online bookings here.
Location and access
The park is a leisurely and picturesque two hour drive north-east from Melbourne. The Fraser camping area is located 17km east of Alexandra and the Jerusalem Creek camping area is 10km from the Eildon Township.
Aboriginal Traditional Owners
Parks Victoria acknowledges the Aboriginal Traditional Owners of Victoria - including its parks and reserves. Through their cultural traditions, Aboriginal people maintain their connection to their ancestral lands and waters. Further information is available from Aboriginal Affairs Victoria AAV and Native Title Services Victoria
Car and boat-based camping opportunities abound within the park. All campsites are unpowered. The Fraser camping area can accommodate tents…
Enjoy gentle lakeside walks from the camping areas or take a longer hike and explore some of the more remote…
Gas barbeques, family walks, picnic shelter, water, toilets and boat ramp are available at Herb Fitzroy Day Visitor Area.
Gas barbeques, family walks, water, picnic tables and shelter are available at the Forsyth Flat Day Visitor Area.
The lake provides great opportunities for fishing, boating, canoeing, kayaking and water skiing. The day visitor and camping areas provide…
- Picnic table/seat
- Information Shelter
- Gravel carpark
- Lake Eildon National Park - Campground map - Jerusalem Creek (PDF 586.7 KB)
- Lake Eildon National Park - Campground maps Lakeside, Candlebark, Devil Cove (PDF 2.1 MB)
- Lake Eildon National Park - Deer hunting (PDF 1.2 MB)
- Lake Eildon National Park - Deer hunting (accessible version) (MS Word Document 1.6 MB)
- Lake Eildon National Park - Visitor Guide (MS Word Document 5.8 MB)
- Lake Eildon National Park - Visitor Guide (PDF 1.0 MB)
- Lake Eildon National Park Management Plan (PDF 1.6 MB)
- Lake Eildon National Park – Fraser Camping area emergency procedures (PDF 1.3 MB)