301 Moved Permanently
Hattah-Kulkyne National Park lies in typical mallee country with extensive low scrub and open native pine woodland. Superbly adapted birds, animals and vegetation thrive in the poor, sandy soils and searing summers.
The freshwater Hattah Lakes is seasonally filled by creeks connected to the Murray, providing food and shelter for waterbirds and fish. These lakes can remain full for up to ten years without flooding, but flooding generally occurs once every two years.
Camping, walking, bike riding and canoeing are popular here and in the adjoining Murray-Kulkyne Park.
How to get there
The Hattah-Kulkyne National Park is about 450km from Melbourne off the Calder Highway, between Ouyen and Mildura. The Park is 35km north of Ouyen and 74km south of Mildura.
Aboriginal Traditional Owners
Parks Victoria acknowledges the Aboriginal Traditional Owners of Victoria - including its parks and reserves. Through their cultural traditions, Aboriginal people maintain their connection to their ancestral lands and waters. Further information is available from Aboriginal Affairs Victoria AAV and Native Title Services Victoria
Enjoy activities such as picnicking, bicycle riding, nature study and photography at Lake Mournpall camping area.AccessTake the Calder Highway to…
Most tracks in the park can be driven in 2WD vehicles, but some are sandy and may become slippery or…
When the water levels are suitable the lake system offers excellent opportunities for canoeing. During flood times, the water can…
Rich with a variety of birdlife ranging from wetland species such as pelicans, ducks and spoonbills to dry mallee specialists…
Murray Cod, Golden Perch (Yellowbelly) and English Perch (Redfin) provide good sport for anglers. Unfortunately, European Carp are present in…
- Visitor centre
- Information Shelter
- Attention Anglers - Tagged fish (PDF 935.1 KB)
- Birds of the Mallee Parks (PDF 716.9 KB)
- Birds of the Mallee Parks (accessible version) (MS Word Document 1.2 MB)
- Hattah-Kulkyne Lakes Ramsar Site Strategic Management Plan (PDF 631.3 KB)
- Hattah-Kulkyne National Park - Hattah Lakes Nature Discovery Trail (PDF 777.2 KB)
- Hattah-Kulkyne National Park and Murray-Kulkyne Park - Visitor guide (PDF 1.8 MB)
- Hattah-Kulkyne NP - Hattah Lakes Nature Discovery (accessible version) (MS Word Document 493.6 KB)
- Hattah-Kulkyne NP - Hattah Lakes Nature Discovery Trail (MS Word Document 1.1 MB)
- Hattah-Kulkyne NP and Murray-Kulkyne Park - Visitor guide (accessible version) (MS Word Document 4.6 MB)
- Mallee Parks Management Plan (PDF 9.9 MB)
Hattah-Kulkyne NP, Murray Sunset NP, Wyperfeld NP , Lake Albacutya Park, Murray-Kulkyne Regional Park
- River Red Gum Parks Management Plan (PDF 18.9 MB)