- No change of conditions apply
Head to Lake Elizabeth hidden deep in the Otways and discover its inspiring beauty with heavily timbered flanks and calm waters punctuated by the trunks of dead trees, drowned when the valley was flooded more than 50 years ago to form this "perched lake". The elusive platypus can be found in the waters of the lake - wake up early or head to Lake Elizabeth at dusk to catch a glimpse of these shy Australian natives.
The campground sits on the bank of the east branch of the Barwon River sheltered by tall Eucalypts trees. A scenic 20 minute walk takes you to Lake Elizabeth.
This campground is located 10 minutes from Forrest township.
Advanced bookings and payment are required year round.
There are 20 campsites available accommodating a maximum of 6 people per site. All campsites are unpowered and are suitable for tents only.
Non flush toilets, shared fireplaces and picnic tables are provided. Dogs are permitted on lead. There is no direct vehicle access to the campsites. A 15 minute unloading bay is located close by and vehicle parking a short walk away.
Only allowed in fireplaces provided – supply your own wood. Fuel stoves or your own gas barbeque are preferred for cooking.
No drinking water is available – supply your own.
There is no rubbish collection at this campground. Please take all rubbish with you.
- Light fires only in the fireplaces provided or use a portable camping stove instead
- Ensure fires are never left unattended and are completely out before you leave
- During summer and autumn Total Fire Bans are common - this means no open fires can be lit
- For information on Total Fire Bans call the Victorian Bushfire Information Line on 1800 240 667