The rainwater tanks at Parker Hill, Aire River East and Aire River West campgrounds are currently empty. Campers are encouraged to bring their own water.
at Camping in the Otways
The rainwater tank at Devils Kitchen hike-in campground is currently empty. Hikers are encouraged to carry extra water.
at Great Ocean Walk
Toilets at Sheoak Picnic Area are closed until further notice due to septic system failure. Six portable toilets are provided onsite as an alternative.
at Sheoak Picnic Area
Wye River Road Camping Area is closed until further notice due to dangerous trees.
at Wye River Road Camping Area
Herbert’s Campground is closed until further notice due to hazardous trees.
at Camping in the Otways
The Great Otway National Park stretches from Torquay through to Princetown and up through the Otways hinterland towards Colac. The park features rugged coastlines, sandy beaches, rock platforms and windswept heathland. In the north, the park features tall forests, ferny gullies, magnificent waterfalls and tranquil lakes.
Aboriginal Traditional Owners
Parks Victoria acknowledges the Aboriginal Traditional Owners of Victoria - including its parks and reserves. Through their cultural traditions, Aboriginal people maintain their connection to their ancestral lands and waters. Further information is available from Aboriginal Affairs Victoria AAV and Native Title Services Victoria
Great Otway National Park and Otway Forest Park offers excellent camping opportunities whether you are looking for a family friendly…
The Great Ocean Walk is a one-way long-distance walk extending east to west, just over 100km, between Apollo Bay and…
Known as the Jewel of the Otways, this is one of the wettest places in the state. The gully has…
This large, flat and open campground is located on the western side of the Aire River where fishing and canoeing…
Only 14 km from the Great Ocean Road, this extensive complex includes the oldest surviving officially built lighthouse on the…
- Boat Ramp
- Rowing Launch
- Electric/Gas BBQ
- Picnic table/seat
- Great Ocean Walk - Frequently asked questions (PDF 1.1 MB)
- Great Ocean Walk - Frequently asked questions (accessible version) (MS Word Document 1.4 MB)
- Great Otway National Park - Campground Maps (PDF 894.8 KB)
- Great Otway National Park - Melba Gully (PDF 1.3 MB)
- Great Otway National Park - Park note - Kennett River to Princetown (PDF 4.8 MB)
- Great Otway National Park - Park note - Torquay to Kennett River (PDF 3.8 MB)
- Great Otway National Park - Triplet Falls (PDF 720.7 KB)
- Great Otway National Park and Otway Forest Park - Dogs (PDF 794.8 KB)
- Great Otway NP - Horse riding (PDF 384.3 KB)
- Great Otway NP - Horse riding (accessible version) (MS Word Document 189.7 KB)
- Great Otway NP - Kennett River to Princetown - Park note (accessible version) (MS Word Document 3.8 MB)
- Great Otway NP - Melba Gully (accessible version) (MS Word Document 787.4 KB)
- Great Otway NP and Otway Forest Park Management Action Plan (PDF 3.3 MB)
- Hiking and camping in parks and forests - Bushfire safety tips (PDF 198.4 KB)