301 Moved Permanently
Named after the Aboriginal people of the area, Croajingolong follows the far-eastern coastline of Victoria for 100 kilometres and features eucalypt forest, rainforest and heathland.
Secluded coastal camping spots are a perfect base for beach walks, birdwatching, boating and fishing. Relax in a boat on the Mallacoota Lakes, climb Genoa Peak for panoramic views along the coast or visit the massive sand dunes at Thurra River.
Point Hicks Lightstation, set deep within the park, is an imposing concrete tower completed in 1890. While Gabo Island Lightstation, built of distinctive pink granite, can be reached by air or sea. Both offer tours and accommodation.
How to get there
Croajingolong National Park is located approximately 450kms east of Melbourne and 500kms south of Sydney in far East Gippsland. The park is accessed from multiple points along the Princes Highway between Cann River and the New South Wales border.
Aboriginal Traditional Owners
Parks Victoria acknowledges the Aboriginal Traditional Owners of Victoria - including its parks and reserves. Through their cultural traditions, the Bidawal and Nindi-Ngudjam Ngarigu Monero identify the Croajingolong National Park as their Traditional Country.
The Wilderness Coast Walk extends 100km from the eastern shores of Sydenham Inlet in Croajingolong National Park, to Wonboyn in…
A number of secluded campgrounds located throughout the park are a perfect base for beach walks, birdwatching, boating and fishing.…
Camping at Shipwreck CreekThis small campground is set in a tall forest above a small secluded cove which is only…
There are picnic facilities at various locations around Mallacoota Inlet, some of which are only accessible by boat. Free gas…
Camping at Wingan InletThis campground is in a tall Bloodwood forest on the western shore of Wingan Inlet in a…
- Information Shelter
- Gravel carpark
- Sealed carpark
- Croajingolong National Park - Mallacoota Inlet - Park note (PDF 2.0 MB)
- Croajingolong National Park - Visitor guide (PDF 4.2 MB)
- Croajingolong National Park - Visitor guide (accessible version) (MS Word Document 2.8 MB)
- Croajingolong National Park - Walk the Wilderness Coast (PDF 1.3 MB)
- Croajingolong National Park Management Plan (PDF 6.1 MB)
- Croajingolong NP - Mallacoota Inlet - Park note (accessible version) (MS Word Document 1.0 MB)
- Croajingolong NP - Walk the Wilderness Coast (accessible version) (MS Word Document 1.1 MB)
- Tamboon Inlet Campground Map (PDF 541.9 KB)