301 Moved Permanently
Board one of the many river craft at Southgate or Princes Walk or travel along the Yarra in your own boat to visit attractions such as Melbourne Park for the Australian Tennis Open, the Royal Botanical Gardens and Herring Island Park. The Yarra River is now the undisputed social heart of marvellous Melbourne.
A Melbourne icon, the river is the focus for numerous spectacular events including the famous Moomba festival, rowing regattas, the Melbourne Festival and Dragon Boat Festivals.
The Yarra River offers a multitude of picturesque settings. The banks of the river have a number of barbecue and picnic facilities, fishing platforms and jettys. In addition, there are trails and paths which cater for cyclists, walkers and joggers.
Aboriginal Traditional Owners
Parks Victoria acknowledges the Aboriginal Traditional Owners of Victoria - including its parks and reserves. Through their cultural traditions, Aboriginal people maintain their connection to their ancestral lands and waters. Further information is available from Aboriginal Affairs Victoria AAV and Native Title Services Victoria
- Event Application - Bay and Waterway (MS Word Document 109.0 KB)
- Lower Yarra River - Recommendations on Future Funding, Governance and Strategic Considerations (PDF 1.1 MB)
- Lower Yarra River Future Directions Plan (PDF 1.7 MB)
- Recreational Boating Guide – Yarra & Maribyrnong Rivers (PDF 2.1 MB)
- Yarra River - Park note (PDF 262.1 KB)
- Yarra River - Park note (accessible version) (MS Word Document 742.2 KB)